Care and Maintenance
We offer a complete line of professional care and maintenance products, including cleaners, sealers, and problem solvers.
Ceramic Tile / Porcelain Tile
Wipe glazed wall tiles periodically using a cloth or sponge dampened with a non-abrasive cleaner. Vacuum floor tiles regularly to remove dirt and other gritty particles, then damp mop or sponge with a water-based all purpose cleaner. We recommend Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Tile and Grout Cleaner or Aqua Mix Concentrated Stone and Tile Cleaner. Determine the mixing amounts based on the type of cleaning needed (light, moderate, or heavy). Do not use Ammonia or vinegar.
For routine cleaning, use any non-abrasive cleaning compound recommended for either glass or tile. Never use scouring pads, steel wool, sandpaper or other abrasive products. Avoid cleaners containing ammonia, bleach, or abrasives. Always test in a small inconspicuous area when using a new cleaner to ensure compatibility.
Natural Stone: Granite, Marble, Slate, Travertine, and Limestone
Stone products should be sealed with either a penetrating sealer or surface coating type sealer. We recommend Aqua Mix Enrich and Seal or Aqua Mix Penetrating Sealer. Sealed surfaces should be tested annually for effectiveness. Use a stone cleaner for everyday cleaning. This product should be a neutral cleaner (Aqua Mix Stone Cleaner or Aqua Mix Concentrated Stone and Tile Cleaner).
For standard grout, we recommend that homeowners seal grout joints with a silicone sealer for maximum protection. A minimum of 72 hours cure time is necessary. (Aqua Mix Grout Sealer)
Do's and Don'ts
- Do not use cleansers containing acid or bleach for routine maintenance.
- Do not use wax cleaners, oil-based detergents or sealants to maintain your tile.
- Do not use harsh cleaning aids like steel wool pads or any scouring pad containing metal.
- Do test scouring powders on a small area.
- Do use a sealer on grout joints.
- Do have damaged or broken tile removed and replaced only by a qualified tile contractor.